Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Randomness, k?

I read a quote tonight that really just hit home for me.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Bet you can't guess who said it....Dr. Seuss. Smart guy.

Yup, it's true. We have a lot of random things going on at our house. Most of them coming from the three year old. But they are highly entertaining and I have to share.

Like today when she says to me, "Momma, why are train tracks NOT pink?"

She comes up with the BEST one-liners! I wish I could see inside her head for just a little while. I guess every mom feels that way at times.

So, on with the randomness! I saw the goofiest thing a while back and have seen it several times since then. Check this craziness out:


...so, does this mean that if I post something on my car that says,

"Not responsible for any damage due to distracting children in the backseat"

that I don't have to pay for any accident that occurs as a result of my children screaming, or fighting, or being so darn cute that I miss something in traffic and end up in a fender bender?

I also saw a bumper sticker today that said this, "I kiss my dog on the lips." (Yes, Chris I thought of you) but it gets better...it was followed by another sticker that read, "Dogs deserve better." I am still mulling that one over.

Well, on a more serious note...we are doing pretty good. Trying to avoid the heat, the roaches and making sure Brooklyn's neck is still healing nicely is keeping me pretty busy. (Did I mention before that I have a highly entertaining three-year-old as well?) Right! She adds to our adventurous life by "cleaning the toilet" with toilet paper wet down with toilet water, washing her hair in the sink with her toothbrush, frequently changing her clothes and forgetting to put a new outfit back on and, of course, telling us stories that I wish I had on tape.

I hope you all are doing well. I will do better at keeping you all "in the know" with what's going on by blogging more faithfully. Sorry about the ridiculously long lapse in typing skills.

I'll just finish with this, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." -Judy Garland

P.S. Beware of future quotage. Mom gave me some books that got me started and I have been reading and studying like crazy since then. Did you know there are some pretty amazing things said about women?? Just thought you would all want to know, so I will be sharing lots more to come!

P.P.S. Mom, the books were awesome and really did help lift me up and clear the air for me. Funny how a little pick-me-up can go such a long way. Thank you.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment