Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life

Life is funny. Just as you think you have things under control...everything goes out of control. So, I will try and make up for missing last week's posting day and summarize two weeks quickly.

Nick has been SO busy. I think we have seen him...well, I lied, we really haven't for the past two weeks. As the end of the semester approaches rapidly, all the projects and culminating activities are due this week (yes, the week of Thanksgiving). After that, he should be in the clear with only one more week before finals.

Annalie is having severe Daddy withdrawls. Nick finally got to be home while the girls were awake on Thursday night. He played with her for a bit before we went to bed. When she got up Friday morning, he was already gone to school. She said, "Where is he?!" When I told her daddy went to class, she said, "I don't like you mommy! I only like my daddy! And I don't like my Brookie and I don't like myself!!" Wow. Quite the frustrated little thing, eh?

She has even tried to pack up and go to his group project meetings on Sunday afternoons.


On a side note, we have been trying to fill the time without daddy with fun projects. We have been counting down the days to Thanksgiving with our "Thankful Turkey Cards". Each day we get to be thankful for something and do an activity to remind us about it. Then we add a feather to our thankful turkey when we finish our activity.

This week, we were thankful for turkeys. Look at the cute turkey Annalie made all by herself.


We also got to be thankful for our hands and had "fun" finger painting with pudding.


Brooklyn has discovered climbing and LOVES the rocking chair (and the stairs at my parents house, but that one scares me).


Brooklyn also spent all day yesterday struggling to breathe. So I finally broke down and took her to the after-hours pediatrician at 6 when they opened last night. According the pediatrician her lungs "sound like a chimney" whatever that means...I'm assuming it meant they didn't sound too good. So, now the poor little thing is stuck on breathing treatments every 4-6 hours. She tolerates them pretty well and they seem to be helping a little.


So...we are just living...life is good. Keeping on, keeping on. Hope you all have a wonderful week. We love and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment