Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, as I am sure you all know, last weekend was Thanksgiving. I hope that you all had a good time making memories with friends and family.

Our week was so crazy, I didn't even realize it was Thanksgiving until late that morning. Sad isn't it?

Our week was filled with sick little kids again. Brooklyn went to the doctor again last Monday. They put her on an antibiotic and an oral steroid in addition to her breathing treatments.

Tuesday night little Annalie got sick - that alone was quiet the experience at our house. Annalie and I ended up camped out on the front room floor so that Daddy could sleep.


Thankfully, it only lasted the one night. Brooklyn sure enjoyed the toast for breakfast though.


After spending most of the day watching movies and sleeping, Annalie was up and ready to go by the time Nick got home from school.


Nick decided it would be nice to spend some time alone with Annalie, so they bundled up and went for a walk to see the stars.



Then they came home and shared hot chocolate and donuts.


Thanksgiving was wonderful. I felt bad that I didn't get to help prepare dinner, but was so grateful that my family let us come over even with recently sick kiddos.

Friday, Annalie helped mommy put up the tree while Brooklyn took a nap. Every time I did something to it, she would yell, "Daddy, YOU'VE GOTTA COME SEE THIS!!"





Brookie sure enjoyed the little Bumble after she got up.


Saturday we woke up to a feverish little Brooklyn. Nick and my dad ended up giving her a blessing. She has been on quite the little health ride over the past month and I just felt so bad for her.

She spent most of the day like this:


While Annalie and Daddy spent the day like this:


Sunday was better and we were happy to have everyone feeling good for the day.


This morning, Annalie woke up stuffed-up and coughing. I guess life continues.

It sure does make you cherish the times when everyone is healthy and happy. I guess that's why we have times like this: so that we can be grateful for the good times and learn to find joy and happiness in each and every experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment